Address: 110 Sheppard Avenue East Suite 700 North Toronto, ON M2N 6Y8

Visiting Canada

Visitor Visas / ETA’s/ Super Visas

People wanting to enter Canada must either apply for a visitor visa or an eTA. Countries that are visa-exempt only require an eTA. Countries that are NOT visa-exempt require the foreign nationals to apply for a visitor visa through IRCC.

The following is a list of Visa Exemption countries that only require the citizen’s from those countries to attain a eTA and do NOT need to apply for a Visitor Visa

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to traveler’s passport. It is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.

ETA countries

Countries that are NOT visa-exempt and require a Visitor Visa.

The latest Annual Immigration Report 2018 by IRCC confirmed that 1,438,633 visitor visas were approved, while 3,932,529 eTA’s were approved for visitors.


Before you plan your trip, depending on your country of origin, you may be required to apply for a visitor visa before coming to Canada.

If you are not sure if you require a visa or meet the requirements for entry, contact us.

To qualify for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), you will need to show the immigration official that you satisfy all the requirements as specified by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and regulations.  Our team understands that applying for a visitor visa is more than a form filling process.  Our representatives not only assist you in filling out the required application forms but also assess that you meet the criteria for entry as prescribed by Canada’s Immigration law.

eTA Requirement

Visa exempt foreign nationals who travel to and/or transit through Canada will have to apply for an electronic travel authorization. You must apply before booking your flight to Canada.  Do not wait until the last minute to apply.  Some applications may take some time to process.  Our team can assist you in applying for an electronic authorization (eTA).

Extend Your Stay in Canada

Are you already in Canada? Do you want to stay, work, study or both? With Krylov Lam and Co, Immigration Lawyers, you always have options.

Free Assessment 416-333-8331