Address: 110 Sheppard Avenue East Suite 700 North Toronto, ON M2N 6Y8

Record Suspension


Individuals who have been convicted of a crime in Canada, may apply for a RECORD SUSPENSION, depending on the eligibility criteria. The Government of Canada administers the processing of a RECORD SUSPENSION. If you receive one, it removes the convicted person’s criminal record from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database.

Can a RECORD SUSPENSION be revoked?

Yes, if you are convicted after receiving a record suspension it may be revoked, have had other issues with the law since attaining your RECORD SUSPENSION. Call us today if you have any questions regarding the revoking of a RECORD SUSPENSION.

 Eligibility to apply for a RECORD SUSPENSION



*If you were convicted of ‘Schedule I offence (involving a child) under the Criminal Records Act*

*More than three (3) offences prosecuted by indictment, each with a prison sentence of two (2) years or more.

Why would you require a RECORD SUSPENSION?

If you are in the process of obtaining your Canadian citizenship, wanting to travel to the United States,

*Immigration purposes                                 *Travel to the United States of America

*Work purposes                                               *Volunteering Purposes


Summary Offence[1]These offences are more minor than indictable offences. Summary charges must be laid within 6 months of the offence. These proceedings are all in provincial court with a judge alone (no jury). The maximum sentence for a summary conviction offence is usually 6 months in jail. But some hybrid offences prosecuted summarily have a maximum sentence of 18 months in jail.

Indictable Offence – [2]These are more serious offences than summary conviction offences. Indictable offences can have long jail sentences and have different types of trial.

Some examples of indictable offences are theft of something worth more than $5000, breaking and entering, manslaughter, and murder.

If the Crown proceeds by indictment, you will have an “election“, unless you are charged with a section 469 offence.

Indictment- [3]When the Crown decides to prosecute a hybrid offence as a indictable offence.


If  your interested in our Record Suspension service, contact us today!




Free Assessment 416-333-8331